Saturday, May 12, 2007

Writing blind

Sorry we haven't posted in awhile, but we have tried! For some reason we aren't able to view our blog at all anymore. I understand you all in the US are able to .... must be one of those China things.

I am very surprised to be able to get to this page, where you can post, and I am not sure if this will work or not. And also since i can't see our blog, I won't be able to see for myself. So if someone could email me directly and let me know that they saw this post, I would appreciate it.

Our friend Kenny and 5 kids showed up yesterday afternoon after a 10 hour bus ride. Robert and I just had a Scrolls From China meeting with Kenny at Starbucks (!) which was great. We got to talk about a lot of things that are hard to discuss via email and phone. And last night we went out for Chinese food at this place that only the locals and Robert (because he talks to everyone) know about. (Our guide Jocelyn was very very surprised to hear that we had eaten there because she thought it was a secret). No white people there, and it is on the fifth floor, no elevator (it might be good for my calves, but it doesn't feel good), no high chairs for babies, no baby food, no bottled water for foreigners who can't handle the local water. BUT - excellent excellent food, really amazing, and soooo cheap you would not believe it.

I could talk about food forever. Instead, let me say that this reunion with Kenny has been wonderful. We are teaching Maya and Ella to call Kenny "shu shu" which means Uncle. He is so great with our kids, as in fact the artists are, too.

Ella is doing super. It turns out she is very active and curious and into EVERYTHING, just like any other 13 month old. She has been smiling a lot and even laughing. She keeps learning so much ... today we have been working on giving high fives and giving kisses, and also she is starting to make the sign for "more" when she wants more food.

I better try and post this before it disappears.

Stephanie

No comments:

Where In The World ...?

Where In The World ...?
Guangzhou is near Hong Kong, bottom right corner. Dianbai is just below the "M" in Macau (which is south of Guangzhou).